PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE.
BY ACCESSING, BROWSING AND/OR USING OUR WEB SITE (THE “SITE”), YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE (TERMS AND CONDITIONS) AND TO COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL AND STATE LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
The St. Elizabeth Seton Children’s Foundation and its related entities including the Elizabeth Seton Pediatric Center, the John A. Coleman School and the Children’s Rehabilitation Center (together, “SESCF”) may revise and update these Terms and Conditions at any time. Your continued usage of the Site will mean that you accept these changes.
Acceptance of Terms
You agree that the Terms and Conditions, combined with your act of using the Site, have the same legal force and effect as a written contract with your written signature and satisfy any laws that require a writing or signature, including any applicable statute of frauds. You further agree that you will not challenge the validity, enforceability or admissibility of these Terms and Conditions on the grounds that it was electronically transmitted or authorized. In addition, you acknowledge that you have had the opportunity to print these Terms and Conditions.
The Site Does Not Provide Medical Advice
The information on the Site is for educational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for medical professional help, advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you have regarding your medical care. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Nothing in the Site is intended as a recommendation or endorsement of any specific tests, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned in the Site. Any reliance on any information provided by the Site is solely at the user’s risk.
SESCF does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or usefulness of the opinions, advice, services or other information provided through the Site or on the Internet generally. SESCF has no control over and accepts no responsibility for compliance with the laws applicable to your country or state of residence.
Warranty and Disclaimer
- THE SITE. THE CONTENT, SERVICES, INFORMATION AND ACCESS TO THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, SESCF SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SESCF DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SITE IN TERMS OF ITS QUALITY, CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, CURRENCY OR OTHERWISE. SESCF DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ANY PART OF THE SITE WILL OPERATE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF BUGS, VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SITE AND ACCESS TO THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, CONTINUOUS OR ERROR-FREE. IN NO EVENT SHALL SESCF, ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR RELATED ENTITIES, OR ANYONE ELSE WHO HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION, OR DELIVERY OF THESE PAGES, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, OR ANY LINKED SITE.
- LINKED SITES. SESCF DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE, VALIDITY, ACCURACY, OR RELIABILITY OF, OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF, OR OTHERWISE RESPECTING, THE MATERIALS ON ANY WEBSITE WHICH YOU MAY ACCESS THROUGH THE SITE. WHEN YOU ACCESS A NON-SESCF WEBSITE, PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS INDEPENDENT FROM SESCF, THAT THE INCLUSION OF SUCH LINKS SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS AN ENDORSEMENT OF THE OWNER/SPONSOR OF SUCH SITES OR THE CONTENT OF SUCH SITES, AND THAT SESCF HAS NO CONTROL OVER THE CONTENT ON THAT WEB SITE. IF YOU LINK TO ANY OTHER SITE, IT IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. SESCF DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, AS TO THE ACCURACY, VALIDITY, LEGALITY OR OTHERWISE OF ANY MATERIALS OR INFORMATION CONTAINED ON SUCH SITES.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL SESCF BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, RELIANCE OR OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF DATA OR PROFIT, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE OR ANY LINKED SITE OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR ANY LINKED SITE OR THIS AGREEMENT UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY EVEN IF SESCF OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSES OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY. IF YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY LINKED SITE RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION OF EQUIPMENT OR DATA, YOU MUST ASSUME ANY COSTS THEREOF.
A user’s sole and exclusive remedy for dissatisfaction with the Site is to stop using the Site. All information is transmitted over a medium which is beyond the control and jurisdiction of SESCF. Accordingly, SESCF assumes no responsibility for, or relating to, delay, failure, interruption or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of the Site or websites accessed through the Site.
Any solicitation or information on our Employment Opportunities pages, or any subsequent inquiries for additional information from you by SESCF employees, representatives or agents in connection with employment inquiries, is not an offer of employment, or a guarantee that an offer of employment will be made.
All content included on the Site, such as text, graphics, logos, and images, is the property of SESCF and is protected by applicable United States and international copyright and trademark laws.
The copying, redistribution, use or publication by you any of part or all of the contents of the Site in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the Site as the source of the material.
- You do not acquire ownership rights to any content, document or other materials viewed through the Site.
- The posting of information or materials on the Site does not constitute a waiver of any right in such information and materials.
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content of the Site.
- Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless SESCF and its sponsors, business affiliates, subsidiaries, affiliates, members, officers, directors, employees, attorneys and agents, from and against any and all liability, loss, damages, actions, claims and expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees, resulting from your use of the Site in violation of these Terms and Conditions or the infringement by you of any rights of any person or entity.
Any cause of action related to the Site or the information contained herein, shall be brought in the State of New York and governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York. By viewing the Site, you hereby consent to the jurisdiction of the courts of the State of New York and of any United States courts located within that jurisdiction and waive any jurisdictional or venue defense otherwise available.
Parents or legal guardians of children under the age of 13 are responsible for ensuring that such minors do not conduct any transaction or submit any personal information on the Site. In order to make a donation via the Site, you must be of majority age with legal ability to contract.
Contacting the Site
If you have questions about the Terms and Conditions of Use or any other questions concerning the Site, please contact Bayley@setonchildrensfoundation.org.
St. Elizabeth Seton Children’s Foundation and its related entities (the Elizabeth Seton Pediatric Center, the John A. Coleman School and the Children’s Rehabilitation Center) do not provide refunds on donations received.